Welcome to Yorkshire know a thing or two about what makes Godâ€™s own county a hot-spot for bothÂ staycationÂ visitors and overseas tourists. And Bloom know a thing or two about creating new revenue streams, improving membership schemes and delivering wonderful creative and media strategies that champion Godâ€™s Own County. Discovering great through the line solutions to reposition the Welcome to Yorkshire brand was a match made in Heaven (or Yorkshire)!
Initially, Welcome to Yorkshire briefed Bloom to assist in commercialising their website. The effectiveness of this site would be fundamental in developing the Welcome to Yorkshire revenue stream in order to replace the Â£3m/annum government funds that had been cut due to government austerity measures.
Our insight and analysis team set to work to identify the general publicâ€™s key motivations for visiting Welcome to Yorkshireâ€™s website. From their insight, Bloomâ€™s response revolved around the following concepts:
- Developing the creative concept that â€˜Yorkshire sells Yorkshireâ€™
- Delivery of an ecommerce platform that enabled geographical context to aid purchase decisions
- Commercialisation of â€˜things to doâ€™
- Repositioning of the Welcome to Yorkshire brand as an ecommerce destination rather than just a guide
In an amazing 16 weeks, we delivered a highly innovative, market-leading Google Map based ecommerce platform that enables tourism businesses and organisations to upload special offers to the general public. But our solution didnâ€™t stop there. We also:
- Developed a new consumer facing proposition â€“ â€˜Discover, Book, Saveâ€™, brought to you by Yâ€™s Guys
- Created an itinerary planner for tourists to use to plan their trip to Yorkshire
- Pioneered the â€˜Suggestion Engineâ€™ â€“ a Google Map based ecommerce system that intuitively suggests where to eat, what to do, whatâ€™s on and where to stay.
- Created a new member area and an ability to upload special offers into the â€˜Suggestion Engineâ€™ ecommerce platform
- Delivered a complete through the line marketing campaign to raise awareness of the new features and reposition of the brand.
Phew! After all that, we needed to celebrate with a pint of Yorkshireâ€™s finest!
When the website was unveiled at a Welcome to Yorkshire event, Bloom was given a standing ovation by their members.
Shortly after the launch, there were over Â£5m of tourism offers available on the site and this continues to grow. In May 2012, over 1000 orders were placed on the site alone.
Weâ€™re enormously proud of our work for Welcome for Yorkshire, and weâ€™re even prouder to have a client who is as happy and delighted as we are.
Our work for Welcome to Yorkshire was nominated for a Dadi award for best public sector website or campaign. We had a part to play in Welcome to Yorkshireâ€™s recent win at the World Travel Awards too. Welcome to Yorkshireâ€™s repositioning and monetisationÂ of the brand saw them walk away with an award for the worldâ€™s leading marketing campaign.