December 19, 2012 - Comments Off on Goodbye 2012: a Bloomin good year!
Goodbye 2012: a Bloomin good year!
2012 has been a pretty amazing year for us Bloomers.
Here are just a few of the things that made this year great:
- Broke the half century for number of Bloomers
- Extended the office out and up
- Pitched and won Bloom’s first TTL integrated but digitally led £4m+ account (watch this space for more on this!)
- And welcomed another eight new businesses to our books
- Soft launched Whisper – our earned media planning tool – and continued exciting new work with the Universities of Reading, Strathclyde and Leeds
- Sadly said a fond farewell to one of the founding fathers, but hello to a lot of great new faces
- Including welcoming Alex, Ragil and Joel’s new babies to the Bloom family (there must have been something in the water!)
- Got excited about MySpace – again…
- Raised a ton of money for Macmillan, Diabetes UK and Save the Children by eating cake and dressing up
- Added more bling to our awards shelf – Best Integrated Campaign and Best Use of SEO
- And shortlisted by SocialBuzz awards, MiAwards, SomeComms and the Dadis too
- Discovered, booked and saved with Welcome to Yorkshire – and gave a helping hand in their World Travel Awards win
- Had an emotional reunion with SEO Monkey after his evil abduction at hands of the villains at MadeByPi
- Introduced agency lunches (featuring C. Thomas Howell), continued Bloom Cheese Club and made an Ideas Room our own
- Ate more cake than all of the other agencies in Leeds put together and started Bloomfit to tackle our growing waistlines
- Claire, our social media manager, met her hero Chris Brogan, at Social Media World Forum and added to her T-shirt collection thanks to the squirrels at Loveit
- Welcomed a plethora of local businesses to our offices for our inaugural SEO surgery
- And hosted a number of events during Leeds Digital Festival too
- Charted as one of the RAR’s top 50 agencies outside of the Big Smoke
- Appointed as sole digital agency by Help-Link – and became a bit Johnny Ball starstruck
- Hit the headlines with Anglian Home Improvement’s new mobile site
- Used data to delight and excite on a global scale
- Correctly predicted the Eurovision song contest result
- Produced our first ever TV ad for ADT – which was their best performing ad ever
- Our new site for Showcase cinemas was chosen by the NMA as their website of the week
- We managed to free SEO manager Matt Kerridge from the toilet after he locked himself in
- And our five-a-side team didn’t finish bottom of the league
A big thank you to everyone for making 2012 a Bloomin’ success. Come on 2013! Let’s have ya! x
p.s our office will be closed between Christmas and New Year (re-opening on the 2nd Jan) – so if you need us, shout loudly now!