February 14, 2013 - Comments Off on Things that make our hearts go boom boom Bloom
Things that make our hearts go boom boom Bloom
Bloom is made up of a team of passionate people who get hot under the collar about all sorts of geeky things. To celebrate Valentine’s Day, we thought we’d pull together a list of fourteen things about Bloom, and our jobs, that we love:
- Working on creatively brilliant, integrated projects –We love nothing more than a good, meaty, integrated project to get our teeth into. You know the type – the ones that blend our skill-sets together – from development to PR, analysis to social, search to branding, print production to design – to help our clients get the most from their marketing spend.
- Data – Big Data wears the trousers in the world of marketing lurrve. It brings great power (and great responsibility) to organisations who can harness it. We’re here to be the big data matchmakers and the relationship counsellors. We love helping our clients to get the most out of the data they hold.
- SEO – because like the best sort of relationship, it’s ever changing, it’s challenging and requires lateral thinking and great analytical and creative skills too.
- Our clients – We love a good relationship and our clients are the ones that make it worth getting up in the morning. Without them, we’re nothing.
- Help-Link responsive website – talking of clients, this is a project that we’ve worked on recently that we’ve fallen in love with. As a fully responsive site, designing and building it was a big, exciting step for us and we think the end result looks awesome. We’d like to give it a big smooch.
- Cake – also makes it worth getting up in the morning. We’d also be nothing without it.
- Google’s AdWords keywords research tool – nominated by the digital marketing team, this bunch will always keep Google’s tools close to their hearts – and the PPC team wanted to give a special shout out to this one. To put it simply, it helps us to do our jobs better.
- Bloomers who are under 26 – nominated by the brilliant Michael Wood, he says that the under 26-ers that walk through Bloom’s doors every day make him feel young. Michael loves watching the growth of a bunch of really talented, intelligent, incredible people. It makes him feel warm and squidgy inside.
- Bloomers who are over 26 – we can’t forget the golden oldies – the Bloomers who have the experience and the nouse to lead the way in creating brilliant, on-brand projects that hit the brief every time. It’s these bods that help our young’uns to bloom, to spread their wings and make their own way.
- New faces – a bit like a 1960’s hippy commune, it’s a communal love-in here at Bloom Towers and we’re constantly looking for new faces to join the fold. We promise cake.
- The Engine House’s bacon, egg and sausage sandwiches – the way to any Bloomer’s heart is through their stomachs. Bloom is powered by people, and our people are powered by the Engine House’s sandwiches. Hangover or no hangover, they’re a hands down winner every time.
- The office playlist – if music be the food of love, play on. And if that music happens to be anything from Christina Aguliera to Alanis Morissette, trance to thrash metal, Michael Buble to Marilyn Manson, then even better. We’re nothing if not eclectic.
- Rand Fishkin – he’s the man that has sent our female contingent’s hearts’ a fluttering. He has a fantastic beard, looks like he’d have a great taste in knitwear and is the mind behind SEOmoz. Plus, he has the best name EVER. What more could you want from an office pin-up?
- Bloom Wednesday night Salsa Club – a bit like Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers, we believe that colleagues that dance together work better with each other. That’s why some of us have hijacked a local Salsa club. Strictly Ballroom, baby.
Happy Valentine’s Day, everyone!
We’ll love you forever,