November 09, 2015 - Comments Off on Top Ten of October
Top Ten of October
Halloween has been and gone and as we start to prepare for the fast approaching Christmas period we’ve taken a look at some of our favourite moments from October. Narrowing it down to ten was hard as there’s been lots going on – here’s a snapshot of what we’ve been up to.
- New Indian street food restaurant, The Cat’s Pyjamas, launched on the 5th November. We’ve been hard at work creating their brand and helping them transform the restaurant space. A few Bloomers attended the launch event and it was great to see all our branding work come to life.
- Bloom has been working with Eurocamp since 2012, and we’re proud to have smashed some pretty ambitious targets. We’ve seen a 23% increase in bookings and traffic year on year through a combination of technical SEO, the launch of a new Eurocamp blog and great creative content. Here’s to more success in the future.
- Bloom was approached by SNG, who manufacture products in the household cleaning sector, to help them define and articulate their brand. We started out with a brand workshop to identify their proposition, vision, mission and values, and now we’re currently working on a brand book.
- The Bloom Discovery Collective welcomed Steve Auckland, CEO of ESI Media, as he discussed the importance of culture, management, great content and what the future holds for the newspaper industry. Steve delivered an insightful talk which prompted lots of discussion. Thanks Steve!
- We’re pleased to announce that Redfern Travel has appointed Bloom to help with articulation of their brand and an ongoing customer acquisition campaign. Watch this space because we can’t wait to show you the results…
- On the 3rd November we sponsored the Digital Leaders Masterclass hosted by John McCambley, where our CEO, Alex Craven, talked about the importance of placing insight at the heart of all marketing. Also speaking were We Are Social, Epiphany, Jaywing and Search Labs. Alex’s presentation is available here.
- An exciting tech hub is due to be launched in Leeds city centre, backed by £3.7m of government funding. Leeds Future Labs will open in 2016 and Bloom has been appointed as brand agency for the project that could create up to 3,000 jobs in the region. We’re thrilled to be involved and look forward to the open day next year.
- You may have noticed we’ve been looking for some new additions to Bloom recently, and we’re pleased to announce the arrival of new Junior Copywriter, Ellen Jackson. Equipped with a 1st class degree in Advertising Design, a coveted D&AD copywriting award and a wealth of experience from great agencies and brands (McCann, TBWA JWT, NGS, Jet2) we’re sure Ellen is going to fit right in. Welcome to the team, Ellen.
- Talking of people, our own Kelly Weston has moved into her new role as Head of Operations. Calling on her unprecedented knowledge of agency processes and the digital landscape, Kelly will ensure we continue to have the most efficient teams in the business.
- Never ones to pass up the opportunity of a party, we took advantage of scare season by hosting a fancy dress Halloween quiz organised by Creative & Digital Marketing Executive, Rhia. Equipped with costumes courtesy of Fun Shack, we had a spooky quiz followed by some not-so-spooky drinks.