October 09, 2015 - Comments Off on Top ten things we did in September
Top ten things we did in September
Another month has been and gone at Bloom and autumn has officially started. As an agency we’re reaping the rewards of our hard work over the summer by celebrating some impressive pitch wins and seeing lots of nice projects come to fruition. Here’s our Top Ten from September
- We’ve been working on the brand for a soon-to-open restaurant and bar in Headingley – The Cat’s Pyjamas. With a menu developed by Michelin starred chef, Alfred Prasad, and Alison White behind the wheel, there are definitely exciting times ahead.
- We helped Arco reach a big milestone this September with their social media presence. In the 18 months we’ve been working with them, we’ve helped grow their social following to 3,000 people – that’s a 250% increase.
- We’re really proud of what we do for our clients so it’s always special when our work is recognised. This month we’ve received three Social Buzz Award nominations – Best Use of Insight/ Monitoring and Best Use of Video for our Sky Sports ad campaign featuring Thierry Henry, and Best Socially Responsible Campaign for our Jewson Building Better Communities campaign.
- We launched our new Whisper website this month. Whisper is our social intelligence tool that allows us to evaluate real life conversations in real time like you’ve never seen before. Take a peek at some of our work with Virgin Atlantic, University of Oxford, ITV and Domino’s.
- We love to keep ourselves fit and raise money for the causes we believe in. That’s why we’ve signed up to run York Marathon Relay on the 11th October. Please help us raise £6,400 for two incredible charities.
- For the past year we’ve been working with Leeds restaurant, The Man Behind The Curtain. Chef Patron Michael O’Hare recently appeared on BBC2’s Great British Menu Menu – scoring the only 10/10 in the regional heats for his fish course, which went on to secure a maximum 50/50 in the finals week and was selected as the fish course for the Women’s Institute banquet. The Man Behind The Curtain also won its first Michelin star this month! Massive congratulations to Michael.
- We love it when our people are recognised for their talent, and we’re proud of our Copy Director, Ste Sawyer, who’s been busy judging for the DMA Awards.
- We work with a lot of big clients in the construction sector, including SIG and ARCO, we had a great time preparing for the Build Show and look forward to sharing some of our insight.
- Peter Laflin, Bloom’s Chief Data Scientist, wrote an insightful LinkedIn article on why agencies and brands should be hiring mathematicians. It’s a fascinating read.
- David Cameron and #PigGate were all over the news and we used Whisper to analyse how many tweets were made relating to the topic (117,300) and just how #PigGate went viral. Our findings were published in The Drum. Check out our report.
If you want to learn more about what we get up to at Bloom, contact us.